To meet the growing demand for bicycling facilities, VTrans is kicking off an exciting new initiative, the VTrans On-Road Bicycle Plan. The Plan will help guide improvements along Vermont state highways to work better and be safer for all bicyclists — families, commuters and recreational riders.
Get involved! You can contribute by identifying where you ride and where you want to ride by:
1. Attending the project public meeting. The first meeting will be on December 9, 2014 from 6pm to 8pm. The meeting will be broadcasted using Vermont interactive Technologies (VIT) throughout the state. Find a location convenient to you.
2. Adding to the VTrans On-Road Bicycle WikiMap
3. Telling your friends and neighbors to participate. Forward this email or post it on your local Front Porch Forum or hang up a flyer.
Phase 1. Over the next six months, and with YOUR help, VTrans will:
• Collect information from the public about where they ride and where bicyclists want to ride on State roads.
• Use this information to identify several tiers of bicycle corridors ranging from most desirable for bicycling to the least desirable for bicycling; and
• Set the stage for where we should focus needed bicycle improvements.
Public input is critical to the success of this project. We thank you for helping to make the project a success by sharing your thoughts and creating project awareness b y connecting others.
If you have questions or comments related to this project, please contact VTrans Planning Coordinators:
Sommer Bucossi at 802-828-3884 and Amy Bell at 802-828-2678
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org